Careers in Social Work are numerous and varied, so we collected the best information to help you on your path to becoming a social worker or to advance your already existing career.
Social work professionals who go out into the world and change lives for the better must be well prepared. Not only do they first establish the educational foundation necessary to advance in the field, but they also must acquire the experience necessary to do so. To help with both of those processes, we have collected the best information to help you on your path to becoming a social worker as well as to advance your already existing career.
- Social Workers on the Front Lines During the Pandemic
- Top 5 Careers for Aspiring Social Workers
- What is a Hospital Social Worker?
- What is Aging and Gerontology Social Work?
- What is Child Welfare Social Work?
- What is Hospice and Palliative Care Social Work?
- What is Justice and Corrections Social Work?
- What is Military and Veterans Social Work?
- What is Psychiatric Social Work?
- What is School Social Work?
- What is Substance Abuse Social Work?
- What Is Social Work?
- How To Become A Licensed Social Worker
- What Can I Do With A Masters in Social Work?
- What are the Highest Paying Jobs in Social Work?
- Clinical Social Worker Job Description
- Complete Child and Family Social Worker Job Description
- Complete Job Description of a School Social Worker
- Are Social Work Internships Important?
- 25 Most Popular Social Work Career Options
- What are a Social Workers Bachelors Degree Salary Range?
- Key Barriers in Healthcare Access
- 20 Career Options For Social Workers
- Where Can I Find The Best Jobs After I Complete My LCSW?
- Social Worker Spotlight Interviews
- 10 Places to Volunteer for a Career in Social Work
- 10 Best International Social Work Job Opportunities
- 10 Worst Cases of Welfare Fraud Ever
- 10 Famous People With Social Work Degrees
- Do I Need to Know a Foreign Language to be A Social Worker?
- Private Social Work Jobs
- Understanding the Role of Child Protective Services
- 10 Social Work Organizations And Resources
- International Social Work Careers – An Overview
- Top 20 Ranking of the Best Online Masters in Social Work Programs (MSW)
- What is the Career Outlook and Salary Range for Social Workers?
- 5 Important Traits of Successful Social Workers
- What Jobs Can I Do with a Social Work Degree?
- What are the Different Types of Social Work Degrees?
Social Work Careers
For those who have a calling and passion to help people cope with problems in their everyday lives, choosing to become a social worker — with its many ranges of services — offers a satisfying lifelong career, a profession fraught with meaning, action, and the power to make a difference in the lives of clients.
Social workers are found in many places, including public agencies, nonprofits, private businesses, hospitals, schools, nursing homes, police departments, courts, and private practice. All of these fields within the social work profession offer ample employment opportunities, some more than others, based on the work location. For example, you might find more work at nursing homes and hospitals in Florida and Arizona, two retirement meccas.
Social work is a vibrant and growing occupation and according to the latest data projections provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, job growth in the field will increase 12 percent from 2020 to 2030, something they term “above average.” The pay is good too. Median salaries, as of May 2020, are $51,760, and the per-hour rate is $24.88.